Corned Beef Hash
- 1-1/2 lbs. Harris Ranch corned beef cooked and cooled
- recipe to follow
- 3 russet potatoes baked and peeled
- 1 cup jumbo yellow onions chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. whole thyme dried
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Put all the above ingredients through a meat grinder or food processor (rough chop) and place into an iron skillet. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350ºF. Stir occasionally letting the hash cook throughout. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Divide hash into four 6 oz. portions and put into zip lock bags. Place bags in a refrigerator. When ready to use, heat a skillet on the stove to medium high heat. Place 6 oz. portions of the hash into the pan, pressing down to a half inch thick. Brown both sides (2 to 3 minutes each side). Place onto a serving plate and serve immediately with your favorite style of eggs. Serves 6 to 8.