Every division of our integrated agribusiness testifies to the Harris family tradition to provide only the highest quality food products and the best customer service.
Harris Farms, Inc.
Encompassing over 17,000 acres, our farming division produces over 35 different commodities annually. Many of these crops are seasonally featured at Harris Ranch Restaurant in dozens of unique and creative menu offerings.
Popular Harris Farms products include:
- Wine grapes
- Winter vegetables
An exclusive division of Harris Farms, Harris Fresh delivers the finest hand-harvested vegetables to your local grocer from the heart of the fertile Central Valley.
Harris Fresh features the legendary Harris Sweets™, an authentically sweet onion variety developed especially for our customers with a fine palate. Harris Fresh also produces an extensive selection of garlic products and an ever-expanding line of organic vegetables.
Harris Ranch Beef Company
With annual sales in excess of $400 million, Harris Ranch Beef Company is one of the largest fully integrated beef producers in the Western United States.
As the processing and marketing arm of our beef division, Harris Ranch Beef Company is proud to have established one of the ﬁrst branded beef programs in the country.
Our unique “Partnership for Quality” program teams Harris Ranch with dozens of the West’s most progressive ranching families to produce cattle to our quality speciﬁcations.
Harris Ranch’s beef production system features:
- Cattle humanely and sustainably raised by Harris Ranch and our ranching partners
- Cattle are grass raised and grain finished for superior quality
- Facility consultation and training on livestock handling techniques provided by Dr. Temple Grandin
- Feed nutritionally balanced and tested for pesticide residues
- Harris Ranch never feeds antibiotics to our cattle
- Antibiotics are used only in a therapeutic manner to treat cattle that require medical attention
The beef division of Harris Ranch annually produces and markets in excess of 200 million pounds of beef, making us the largest, fully integrated beef operation in California.
Harris Ranch’s expansive product line includes:
Harris Feeding Company
Harris Ranch operates one of the largest cattle ﬁnishing facilities in the Western United States, and is one of only a few American beef producers who produce beef exclusively from cattle fed in their own feedlot.
With a feedlot covering nearly 800 acres, Harris Feeding Company has a capacity to ﬁnish up to 250,000 head of cattle annually.
Cattle feeding cycle:
- 16-24 months grazing on grasses on ranges or pastureland
- 3-4 months in feedlot to reach approximately 1,250 pounds
Harris Ranch Feeding Company pays meticulous attention to feeding practices. Feeding cattle a nutritionally balanced diet of grains produces flavorful and tender high-quality beef.
Feed ingredients include:
- Steamed Midwestern corn
- Alfalfa hay
- Vitamins and minerals
- NO animal proteins
- NO antibiotics
- NO pesticide residues
Genuine cowboys ride the pens each day to monitor animal welfare.
Livestock welfare and safety practices include:
- Large, shaded, outdoor pens
- Sprinklers to reduce dust and cool cattle
- Parasitic wasps to aid in biological fly control
- Routinely scraped pens
- Composting of waste material
- Washing of cattle transport trucks between each load
Harris Hospitality Division
Located midway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, the Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant is a favorite drive-in and fly-in destination. Designed as an early California-style hacienda, our oasis for travelers has become an internationally recognized showcase for our homegrown beef, fruits, vegetables and nut crops.
Harris Ranch Restaurant is one of the first and largest “Farm to Fork” dining destinations in California. Established at the epicenter of our farming operation, the Harris Hospitality Division opened in 1977 with our restaurant, and grew to include the inn in 1987.
- 153 well-appointed hotel rooms and suites
- 7,500 sq. ft. event/conference space
- Multiple restaurant venues
- Full bar
- 25-meter Olympic style heated swimming pool
- Multiple spas
- Country Store
- Service station with convenience store
- Private, lighted landing strip
Harris Ranch Restaurant ranks #3 among California’s independent restaurants based on sales volume and second in the state for meals sold. We offer casual dining in the Ranch Kitchen, fine dining in the Steakhouse, and beautiful banquet facilities for weddings and meetings.
Harris Ranch Country Store features one of the busiest full-service meat counters in the San Joaquin Valley, selling in excess of 120,000 lbs. of beef annually—often packed fresh for travel. Our Country Store also offers freshly baked pastries and fine gift items.
Harris Farms Horse Division
Established in 1966, Harris Farms Horse Division is devoted to the raising and training of thoroughbred racehorses.
Winner of the 2014 Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes, California Chrome, although not owned by Harris Farms, was born and raised here. Winning the 2016 Dubai World Cup made California Chrome the all-time North American horse in earnings won.
Each year over 300 broodmares pass through our breeding shed.
Harris Farms Horse Division has produced:
- 27 California divisional champions
- 19 “California Cup” champions
- 6 “Horse of the Year” winners
Combining cutting-edge technology with old-fashioned horsemanship has resulted in our proven track record of producing winning thoroughbreds.